The Washington News Council (WNC) is an independent, nonprofit, statewide organization whose members share a common belief that fair, accurate and balanced news media are vital to our democracy. Peter joined the WNC and took the TAO pledge. The pledge is a promise to maintain a high standard of transparency, accountability and openness in journalism – through whatever media platform.
A free press helps keep America strong, but with First Amendment rights comes great responsibilities. The WNC holds the news media publicly accountable for their performance, just as the media hold other institutions in our society publicly accountable. We encourage open public dialogue among citizens and journalists regarding news media standards and ethics. We also promote high standards of ethics and accuracy in citizen journalism and newly emerging forms of public communication.
- University of Washington panel discussion on being openly gay at the workplace
- Lynnwood officer leads nation in DUI arrests
- Girl 4 Girl, events for women by women
- EdCC program has solutions for homeless students
- Link to story archive from The Daily at University of Washington
This page is under construction, more coming soon!